The annual Lakeland Community College Visual Arts Faculty Exhibition is running in The Gallery at Lakeland through January 17, 2018. The show spotlights the extraordinary skills of the visual arts faculty and the many opportunities for artistic expression offered at the college. The gallery is located on the first floor of D-Building on Lakeland’s campus, at 7700 Clocktower Dr., Kirtland, Ohio, 44094.
The visual arts faculty will display an eclectic array of works including oil and acrylic paintings, drawings, sculptures, ceramic pieces, photographs, jewelry and graphic design creations. The faculty and the media they are exhibiting are:
- Carol Adams, (Peninsula): Mixed media sculpture, drawing, fiber and enamel
- Debi Belt, (Cleveland): Graphic Design
- Christopher Berry, (Concord): Acrylic Painting
- Paula Blackman, (Cleveland): Bronze Sculpture, Ceramic Sculpture
- Mark Del Balso, (Kirtland): Digital Art and sculpture
- Becky Grasser, (Mentor): Gum Bichromate on cyanotype
- Frank Gwirtz, (Middlefield): Photography
- Amy D. Hawk, (Akron): Chair of Graphic Design/Photography Department: Graphic Design
- Eddie Mitchell, (Eastlake): Oil Painting on Canvas
- J. Derek O’Brien, (Mentor): Steel & Ceramic Sculpture
- James R. Popovic, (Mentor): Photography: Epson Utrachrome Archival Print
- Frank Prpic, (Cleveland): Photography: Digital Giclee Prints
- Bryan Rinner, (Kent): Fashion Photography
- Davie Samiec, (Cleveland Heights): Digital Photography
- Cindi Schmitt-Del Balso, (Kirtland): Pastel and Drawing on paper, Oil Painting on canvas
- Grace Summanen, (Euclid): Mixed Media
- David M. Thum, (Lakewood): Photography, Digital Photograph
- Eric Vaughn, (Cleveland): Photography, Digital Inkjet print
- Jane Wiemer, (Cleveland): Jewelry/ Metals
- JenMarie Zeleznak, (Cleveland): Drawing: Watercolor Pencil on paper
About the Gallery
The Gallery at Lakeland presents seven art exhibitions each year, in addition to an annual Holiday Artists’ Market to benefit the Lakeland Visual Arts Student Exhibition. These exhibitions support and advance recognition of Lakeland’s fine arts academic programs; diversity efforts at the college; community arts groups; local, regional and national artists; as well as local high school, all-star artists.
For more information about the show, tours or the gallery, contact Mary Urbas, gallery coordinator at [email protected] or call 440.525.7029.
Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Weekends: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
It looks like you enjoyed this post! Want more local news? Enter your email below: