Christina Baker Kline, author of the bestselling novel Orphan Train, will be the keynote speaker for the inaugural Northcoast Writers’ Showcase Saturday, April 28th, Lake Erie College in Painesville.
Kline’s keynote will cap a day in which readers and aspiring writers can interact with several published authors, ask questions about their writing journey, and attend workshops about the craft of writing.
Participating authors include Funky Winkerbean writer and illustrator Tom Batiuk, local newscaster Romona Robinson, Milan Jacovich scribe Les Roberts, D.M. Pulley (The Dead Key and The Unclaimed Victim), Carlo Wolff (Cleveland Rock & Roll Memories), Jonathan Knight (The Making of Major League), Mike and Janice Olszewski (Cleveland TV Tales), Barbara Hacha (Line by Line) and Marty Gitlin (A Celebration of Animation and The Great American Cereal Book.)
The showcase begins at 11:00 a.m. in the college’s Arthur S. Holden Center. Authors will have their books available for sale and signing. Throughout the afternoon, people can join workshops led by Roberts, Batiuk and Pulley.
- Participating authors and publishers include:
- Tom Batiuk, creator of Funky Winkerbean
- Romona Robinson, television news anchor and author of A Dirt Road to Somewhere
- Les Roberts, author of 23 novels, including his Slovenian detective series featuring Milan Jacovich.
- D.M. Pulley, author of The Dead Key, The Buried Book, and The Unclaimed Victim
- Mike and Janice Olszewski, authors of Cleveland Radio Tales and Cleveland TV Tales
- Cleveland Landmark Publishing, publisher of Bernie Kosar’s Learning to Scramble
- Jonathan Knight, author of The Making of Major League and other books on Cleveland sports
- Literary Cleveland
- Rust Belt Publishing
- Carlo Wolff, author of Cleveland Rock and Roll Memories
- Barbara Hacha, author of Line by Line
- Marty Gitlin, author of The Great American Cereal: How Breakfast Got its Crunch, A Celebration of Animation and more
Kline’s talk begins at 3:00 p.m. at Lake Erie College’s Morley Music Hall. She will be available for book signing and photo opportunities following her presentation.
Both the showcase and Kline’s keynote address are free to attend and open to all. However, due to space limitations, those who wish to attend Kline’s talk are required to register beforehand. They can register by calling (440) 255-8811 ext. 213 or sign up online at Lake-Geauga League of Libraries Northcoast Writers’ Showcase
The Northcoast Writers’ Showcase is hosted by the Lake-Geauga League of Libraries, a group of ten public libraries in Lake and Geauga that have partnered to promote the arts, creativity and enthusiasm for learning in the region.
The Lake-Geauga League of Libraries includes Burton, Fairport Harbor, Geauga County, Kirtland, Madison, Mentor, Morley, Perry, Wickliffe and Willoughby-Eastlake Public Libraries.
The showcase is funded by the collective generosity of the library’s foundations, friends groups, Lake Erie College, and the Lubrizol Foundation.
Learn more at our webpage.
- What: Northcoast Writers’ Showcase
- Date: Saturday, April 28th
- Time: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. / Christina Baker Kline’s keynote is at 3:00 p.m.
- Place: Morley Music Hall at Lake Erie College, 391 West Washington St., Painesville, Ohio 44077
- Cost: Free and open to the public, but registration is required for Kline’s keynote at Lake-Geauga League of Libraries Northcoast Writers’ Showcase