Everyone is welcome for activities, tours fitness classes and swimming!
The Lake County Central Y, West End Y and East End Y will host a Free Open House for the community on Saturday, October 14th, from 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome to have fun and learn more about how the Y can help improve their health and well-being and connect with others.
“We encourage everyone to visit their local Y for our open house. Every day, the Y strengthens communities for kids, adults and seniors and families with programs that protect, teach, connect, heal, nourish, and encourage. It’s how we help communities and the ‘us’ who live in them realize their incredible possibilities,” said Dick Bennett, CEO of the Lake County Y.
In addition, each branch will offer visitors the opportunity to win a FREE three-month membership to the Lake County Y. Individuals and families that join the Y during the open house on October 14th will also receive Free Join Fees.
Each Y branch will be hosting open swimming and activities for families as well as opportunity to use the gym and other spaces.
Central Y – 933 Mentor Ave, Painesville open 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Bingo and prizes all day long
- Family open swim 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Open Swim 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Open Gym 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Family Adventure Center 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Healthy Living Center 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Weight room 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Den open for kids 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
West End Y – 37100 Euclid Ave, Willoughby open 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Scarecrow Corner 12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Build a scarecrow
- Henna’s face painting
- Pumpkin Bowling
- Family Frankenstein Fitness Fun/Program Gym
- Zombie Zumba 2:30 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Pumpkin pound 3:30 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Ghoulish GAGA 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Family Boo Basketball
- Main gym 3:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Program gym 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Family swim 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Shallow pool 12:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
East End Y – 730 Lake Street, Madison open 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Open Gym 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Open Swim 12-1:30 PM and 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Healthy Living Center 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
For more information, visit Lake County YMCA or contact the Lake County Central Y in Painesville at 440-352-3303; West End Y in Willoughby at 440-946-1160; or East End Y in Madison at 440-425-5125.
About the Y
The YMCA is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to nurturing the potential of children, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. Since 1866, the Lake County Y has engaged men, women and children – regardless of age, income or background – with its diverse programs to deliver lasting personal and social change. Every day our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together to support their neighbors. For more information visit the Lake County Y online (Lake County YMCA) and follow us on Facebook.