Summer comes to the beach at Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park Memorial Day Weekend! Lifeguards are on duty and concession stand will open 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily through Labor Day, weather permitting. The beach has a gradual slope and sandy bottom. Amenities include an accessible harbor view boardwalk, restrooms, changing rooms and shower facilities; guarded swim beach and concessions; picnic area and pavilion with grills, drinking fountain, playground, dog swim area, volleyball courts and a Surf Chair (all-terrain wheelchair for use by visitors with physical disabilities — available during the regular summer beach season).
The 21-acre Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park, open 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., serves as sanctuaries to both wildlife and people. Here are ways you can help keep our parks clean to protect and preserve our natural resources and wildlife.
- Smoking is prohibited on the sand, boardwalk and in the concession area.
- No alcohol is permitted.
- Please put your litter in containers provided.
- Please do not bring glass containers to the beach.
- Fires must be contained within grills provided.
- Please keep amplified music at a reasonable level.
- Supervise your children, both in the water and on land.
- Swim only in the designated swim area.
- For your safety, flotation devices are not permitted in the swim area.
- Life-jackets are available at the concession stand free of charge.
- Dogs must be on a leash and are allowed only on the paved parking lot. Due to recent shoreline erosion, access to the lake for dogs is closed for the safety of both pets and their owners.
- Clean up pet waste immediately and properly.
Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day
Lifeguards are on duty and concession stand is open 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily, weather permitting. The beach has a gradual slope and sandy bottom. Amenities include an accessible harbor view boardwalk, restrooms, changing rooms and shower facilities, picnic area and pavilion with grills, drinking fountain, playground, volleyball court and a Surf Chair (all-terrain wheelchair for use by visitors with physical disabilities–available during the regular summer beach season).
During the summer when the beach is open, daily parking for Lake County residents is $2 (ID required). Out-of-county residents daily parking is $3. A season parking pass for Lake County residents is $25 for the first car. Out-of-county residents first car is $35. Each additional car is $5. Walk-ins are free. In-county buses are $10; out-of-county buses, $20. To order season parking passes visit lakemetroparks.com or call registration at 440-358-7275.
Sit-on-top ocean kayaks and stand-up paddleboards are available daily Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, weather permitting. Lake Metroparks does not offer jet ski rentals.
Private boating lessons
Lessons for sit-on-top ocean kayaks, stand-up paddleboards and sailboats are offered.
Beach Safety Tips: Always wear a life jacket when on a boat out on the lake. Wear plenty of sunscreen. Watch the weather and make sure conditions are appropriate before heading out.
Pictured In Cover Photo: Sailboats at Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park
Photo Credit: Jeff Taipale